Sunday 2 June 2013

Am I Willow?



seamless 
naked
light

passing
underground

sights
overturn
sounds
depart

somatic
malfunctions
tether
souls

entice
illusions

and questions

is my sylph an Ariel
on gossamer cloud wings

or

am I a Willow
needing the earth
to weep



NOTE
Ariel - chief sylph in Alexander Pope's Rape of the Lock + character in Shakespeare's The Tempest
Willow - sylph bride to Ben Holiday in Terry Brooks' fantasy series Magic Kingdom of Landover


  Wordle3
Linking to:
mindlovemisery - Wordle Challenge #5
Poets United - Poetry Pantry

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gemma this is absolutely gorgeous! Stunning wow! I love it =) I have learned something and now you have me interested in those books as well

I just put up the new prompt if you are interested =)

Brian Miller said...

a willow needing the earth to weep....wow...love the connection you draw there...and really like the flow of this one in image and word gemma

Susan said...

Ah, the illusions! Ah, the questions!
Perhaps both? Let's stand on our heads the better to see from below ...

Sherry Blue Sky said...

Gemma, first I was so happy to see you posting in the pantry - then I saw the STUNNING image which is just so beautiful - and then your poem: "or am I a willow, needing the earth to weep?" Wow, kiddo. Stunning work.

Margaret said...

illusions... this is an awesome reflection!

ZQ said...

I enjoyed reading this. Thank you :-)
ZQ

Anonymous said...

Dear Gemma,
I nominated you for the Liebster Blog Award. Congratulations on having a lovely blog.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...